I love the topic of this Monday. How to connect with your spouse? Jacob and I were married for four years before we became parents. Ever since having Henry 18 months ago it has changed. Here are some fun ways we connect:
1) Date night in! Which means Netflix, Hulu, or Rebox movies. We snuggle on the couch once or twice a week and catch up on our shows. If it's on the weekend we may buy a dessert/snack to eat while we watch.
2) Target runs without kids. My mom watches Henry while he sleeps and we head to Target alone. We love walking every isle while holding hands. Simple and cute.
3) Coldstone. We love ice cream and sometimes we sneak away for a short date night. We eat ice cream and walk around the outside mall.
4) Anniversary Trip. Every year we go out of town on our anniversary June 11th and stay alone over night.
5) Notice Each Other. Sometimes the best way to connect with your spouse is just to notice the things they do that you appreciate. It can be something small like a back scratch while brushing your teeth, or something big like a cheesy smile she gets when she is being extra goofy. Realizing that there are a lot of those things that make your spouse special and wonderful are key to being able to connect and love one another. This last one was written by Andrea's husband.
My husband is seriously such an amazing guy. He always opens every door for me (including my car door), makes me laugh/smile everyday, is the kindest guy I know, always tells me he loves me, and is the best father to our son! Happy early birthday tomorrow!
Pictures by: Simply You Photography
Let's check out the other ladies posts on "How to connect with your spouse"
Kiana at Glitter & Donuts
Madeline at CaseyLand